Campers who attend Camp Eastside have days filled with fun, activity, and both traditional and unique camp experiences.
A typical day at Camp Eastside looks a bit like the one below:
7-9am: Morning Care/Sign-in
9:15-9:30am: Flagpole/Huddle Groups
9:40-11:15: Morning Rotations: Small Group Games/Specialty Activities (rock wall, archery, arts, sports), Weekly Theme activity.
11:55-12:25 Counselor led group time
12:30-1:15 pm: Swim Time
1:20-2:05pm: Counselor led group time
2:10-2:55pm: Afternoon rotations
3:00-3:30pm: Unit Time
3:30-4pm: Group huddles/Healthy Snack
4-6pm: After Care/Pick Up
Schedule may vary depending on the unit and age of your camper. Please contact the camp office if you have a specific timing concern regarding the daily schedule.
To be prepared for a full day of fun we recommend the following:
What to Pack
- Water bottle
- Sneakers or CLOSED TOE SHOES– participants will need sneakers to participate on any climbing structures.
- Bag lunch that does not require refrigeration or re-heating.
- Extra change of clothes
- Swimsuit, towel, and a bag for wet clothes
We recommend that all campers label everything with their first initial and last name to assure any forgotten items can be returned!
Things to Leave Home
- Electronics (phones, ipods, tablets, MP3 players, gaming systems)
- Trading/playing cards
- Personal items that hold value to family or camper
The YMCA is not responsible for traded, lost, or stolen items brought in by your camper.
- Tobacco (including electronic and chewing), alcohol, drugs
- Electronic games and devices (including cell phones)
- Weapons (real or play)
- Pocket knives
- Candy, gum, cough drops (due to allergies, campers should not bring candy or snacks to share)
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 585-341-4000