Welcome to the Parent Page! Here is everything you need to know about Camp Eastside.
The camp day runs from 9:00am-4:00pm. We offer extended care options from 7:00am-9:00am and 4:00pm-6:00pm at no additional cost.
Morning Drop Off
• All campers are dropped off in the North Camp Building. Drop off is from 7:00am-9:00am.
• Please arrive by 9:00 so all of our campers can get started on their fun day!
• Preschool campers have a separate location and will be dropped off and picked up inside the main YMCA at the Preschool classroom.
Afternoon Pick Up
• Pick up begins at 4:00pm from the North Camp Building. All campers remaining after 4:15pm will be signed into after care which runs until 6:00pm daily.
• All authorized persons signing out campers must present a photo identification every day (See camper release section).
Late Arrivals/Early Departures
• Please provide written notice if you need to pick your child up early.
• Please be aware that unscheduled early departures are difficult as each of our campers is involved in activities until 4:00pm; it is likely this will result in delays.
All campers will have the opportunity to participate in recreational swimming. Certified lifeguards are on duty and camp staff will be in the pool with your camper. The YMCA Aquatic Policy states: If your camper has not passed the deep end test at the Eastside YMCA and their armpits do not stand above three feet ten inches they will be required to wear a life jacket while swimming. The deep end test will be administered on Monday of each camp session to those campers who have not already passed the swim test at the Eastside YMCA.
What should my camper bring?
• Swimsuit & Towel
• Plastic bag for wet clothes
• Extra set of clothes (as necessary- recommended for all Salamanders)
• Sunscreen (please instruct your child how to apply) & a hat
• Non-perishable, non-microwavable lunch
• Sneakers - no flip flops, crocks or sandals please!
• Label EVERYTHING with first and last names
There is no formal dress code, however, we ask that your camper be dressed appropriately for the weather. Sneakers are required.
All medication that is dispensed at camp requires a Medication Consent Form to be completed by parent/guardian AND child’s physician. When you register for camp please obtain a Medication Consent Form here or the Welcome Center. Medication may be brought with your child on the first day and MUST be directly handed to a YMCA Camp Counselor. All medication MUST be in its original container and be clearly labeled with your campers first and last name. We can NOT accept any medication that is not in its original container.
New York State Department of Health requires each camp to keep a current copy of every camper’s immunization history on file in order for them to attend. A complete copy of your child’s immunization history should be submitted to the YMCA a minimum of 30 days prior to your child’s session beginning. Immunization History can simply be dropped off at the Eastside YMCA Welcome Center, faxed to 585-341- 4099 or e-mailed to email@example.com. CAMPERS WITHOUT AN IMMUNIZATION HISTORY ON FILE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND.
Our staff is trained in handling a variety of emergency situations. In such situations, along with care of your child, parental notification is our first priority. If necessary, emergency transportation will be handled by 911 and local emergency services.
Lost & Found
The loss of items is common among elementary school age children. Your help is needed in a number of ways:
• Label all belongings with first and last names.
• Remind each child to check his/her belongings at the end of each day.
• If something is lost, check Lost and Found located in the North Camp building as soon as possible.
• All Lost and Found items not claimed in two weeks after the end of the session will be donated to a charitable organization.
• We are not responsible for lost, stolen, broken or destroyed items.
Preschool Camp: Ages 3-5
Sports Camp: Grades 1-7
Day Camp: Grades 1-7
• Salamanders: Entering Grades 1 and 2
• Lizards: Entering Grades 3 and 4
• Dragons: Entering Grades 5, 6, and 7
- LIT: Entering Grades 8 and 9
- CIT: Entering Grades 10 and 11
Camper Release/Sign-Out Procedures:
The following procedures are in place for your child’s safety and will be employed during camp.
• All authorized persons picking up your camper MUST present a photo identification before the camper will be released. NO exceptions are made to this policy.
• Anyone picking a camper up MUST be listed on the campers Authorized Pick Up List. No notes will be accepted at the time of pick up. Please notify the camp in writing of any changes pertaining to the release of your child:
• Addition of adults authorized to pick up your camper
• Emergency contact numbers
• Special circumstances such as early pick up or late arrival